Monday, April 4, 2011

Avon ClearSkin Blemish Clearing Spot Treatment

I don't suffer from break outs as much now as I did in my younger days, but I remember it vividly & know what a blow to your confidence it can be to walk around with a huge blemish on your face.

Now I only get one occasionally, but I've found it crucial to have a few products on hand when it happens. I scar easily & once I get a bad blemish or scab I carry the red mark /scar for months before it goes away.

I purchased Avon's
ClearSkin Blemish Clearing Spot Treatment initially  just because it was on sale one day. A few weeks after my purchase I had the opportunity to use it when I started to get a couple culprits on my face. 

I am very pleased with the results this product has given me.
Uses:For the treatment of acne. Clear up current blemishes & helps prevent new acne blemishes from forming.
What it Claims To Do:

*Clears up acne pimples & helps prevent new blemishes.
*Attacks acne on the spot.
*See results in 24 hours
How To Use:Apply to clean, dry skin.
Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer.
Apply 1 to 3 Times Daily 

Active Ingredients:
SALICYLIC ACID 2.0%
My Results:*Blemish was not as red the next day after 1st application
*Did not over dry my skin or cause irritation
*Seemed to calm the affected area so it wasn't as red/pink
*Blemish cleared at a much fast rate compared to other products I've used.

After applying the spot treatment just to the individual blemishes (not my entire face)  at night before I went to bed I noticed improvement by the next morning.  The blemish didn't seem as irritated & red like it was the night before.

In the morning I applied small dots over the blemish again before applying my make up & again at night before I went to bed.  In 2 to 3 days all of my break outs had cleared nicely. With out irritation, over drying, or extra redness.

I personally think this is a great spot treatment for acne. I would not necessarily recommend using it over your entire face as it comes in a small .5 oz tube.  With that said my tube has lasted me over 4 months. So, it's well worth it for the results you achieve & the price.

Avon has entire line devoted to clearing skin prone to breaks outs. 
To view more of the ClearSkin Line visit:  http://www.youavon.com/dlewis7004

No comments:

Post a Comment